Golfv2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time between Lessons

4 posters

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Go down

Time between Lessons Empty Time between Lessons

Post by Del_Boy Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:10 am

I'm going to take the plunge in the a book a course of lessons been stuck on 13 for a number of years an reckon this is the only way to try and improve. I'll try and play once a week and get down the range once a week possibly twice. With this plan how often do you think I should book lessons weekly, fortnightly or another. Thanks

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Time between Lessons Empty Re: Time between Lessons

Post by 1grumpygolfer Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:30 am

DB, before predeterming a timeframe you should sit down with the pro or pros and almost interview them. You should be realistic about what you want to achieve and then ask them how would they go about doing this. Use this as a basis for your conversation if you don't need to rebuild your swing or can't commit to that for time or money then don't. You should know where you lose shots, is it because you have a wicked slice, can't chip, you've got so good at putting that you never lose the ball in the hole. Tell this to the pro so they can think of a plan for you.

How often should you take lessons should be one of your questions. Another one should be are they available / willing to take a quick look when you are practising to make sure you have the drill or move correct. If they want to see you every week move on, they are seeing you as a money making opportunity. Weekly lessons won't give you the time to work on what you've just learnt and will probably spend most of your lessons covering the same thing.

Be realistic with them and ask them to be realistic with you.

1grumpygolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:12 am

Del: Firstly to say your already in the perfect place at your club. Your head pro Duncan Lambert is an exceptional teacher in his own right

I'd do as grump says, sit down with him outline whet you want to achieve and what your willing to put into achieve it. Duncan will be honest he won't stitch you uo and will say what he thinks is best for you even if its not best for his wallet

Be prepared to listen he will not steer you wrong even if it feels at dirst your getting nowhere stick with what he tells you.

He remains to this day the only guy I've had work on my techniwue and am looking at returning this winter
Maverick1980
Maverick1980

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:22 am

time between lessons is a difficult one. Particularly in winter. A lot of it will depend on what you are doing it's true... but more important is how many practice sessions it takes for it to get ingrained into your swing.

With my limited practice time about a month is the right interval for me.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks for the feedback guys

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down