Golfv2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contact List

+5
Maverick1980
Mercurio
1grumpygolfer
LondonJonnyO
Doc
9 posters

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Go down

Contact List Empty Contact List

Post by Doc Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:43 am

We need to sort out an up to date contact list as a matter of urgency I think. The lights could go out on here at anytime. There's the old BBC 606 list knocking about, but not updated as I emailed OS the other day, only for it to bounce.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Contact List Empty Re: Contact List

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:44 am

Doc wrote:We need to sort out an up to date contact list as a matter of urgency I think. The lights could go out on here at anytime. There's the old BBC 606 list knocking about, but not updated as I emailed OS the other day, only for it to bounce.
OS, SJ, D4S, LP, NST and a few others should have my details. Plus it's all on the list although a bit outdated now I think
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:47 am

Doc, I have a number of contacts as part of the eclectic. I can cross reference against the old list. I think I still have Mr Not Revealing too.

1grumpygolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 am

Doc wrote:We need to sort out an up to date contact list as a matter of urgency I think. The lights could go out on here at anytime. There's the old BBC 606 list knocking about, but not updated as I emailed OS the other day, only for it to bounce.

This was exactly my fear - that I'd lose contact with all the people from v2.

I couldn't find D4S' contact list and started to panic like Bilbo Baggins when he couldn't find the ring :lol:
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 am

Panicked when you couldn;t find the ring. Shouldn't you be shooting the pink :shock:

I've got the contact list in as safe a place as a nuns knickers if needed
Maverick1980
Maverick1980

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 am

I've still got the old list, just pm me with your email address and I'll check it is up to date on the list then mail it out again to anyone that needs it.
drive4show
drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 am

Maverick1980 wrote:Panicked when you couldn;t find the ring. Shouldn't you be shooting the pink :shock:

that's not a very safe place. my mates dad knocked up a nun.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:21 am

Well can someone please get the details of Mary, Cricket and anyone else who logs in. Makes sense to get everyone in who wants to be included. By the sounds of it Mary's signed up with everyone except the Liberal party :D
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:22 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote:Panicked when you couldn;t find the ring. Shouldn't you be shooting the pink :shock:

I was going to say, knowing Mav it actually will be in a nun's knickers - the dirty dawg.
Mercurio
Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 am

Mercurio wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

I was going to say, knowing Mav it actually will be in a nun's knickers - the dirty dawg.

Should have added said knockers are currently on my kitchen floor!
Maverick1980
Maverick1980

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:46 am

Maverick1980 wrote:
Mercurio wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

Doesn't the missus complain Mav, having her kitchen floor filled up with nuns knockers. affraid
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:48 am

oldshanker wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote:
Mercurio wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

Doesn't the missus complain Mav, having her kitchen floor filled up with nuns knockers. affraid

Have you seen these nuns? Most of them their knockers are on the floor when they are standing up. Scary scary places these nunneries. Except for the novices.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:52 am

Damn LJ - I have missed your tact and grace. :D 30 seconds on the forum and already 3 times more posts than me. Is Paris that boring - well I know it is not, but Ibis hotels, they are and no doubt your are lodged somewhere where the peripherique is either racing past your bedroom window, or blocking you off from somewhere much more interesting.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 am

oldshanker wrote:Damn LJ - I have missed your tact and grace. :D 30 seconds on the forum and already 3 times more posts than me. Is Paris that boring - well I know it is not, but Ibis hotels, they are and no doubt your are lodged somewhere where the peripherique is either racing past your bedroom window, or blocking you off from somewhere much more interesting.

not at all. I was on the Champs Elysee earlier having a teppanyaki at a favourite place of mine after a quick visit to d'Orsay as I like it in there.

Where i am however is out in the sticks. Rueil. It's what I would refer to as a shithole... but that's not very french... so I shall call it a den of cheese eating surrender monkeys with little to recommend their fecal cleaning habits from the state of the streets,.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 am

The joys of secret squirrel work!

Is the boy up to bag carrying yet, pencil of course? He can't be far away, if he can climb chimneys.

oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:04 am

oldshanker wrote:The joys of secret squirrel work!

Is the boy up to bag carrying yet, pencil of course? He can't be far away, if he can climb chimneys.

carrying not sure. but he has a set of clubs and can swing his 7 iron pretty well. He doesn't hit it consistently but his longest shot with a lightweight ball thus far is about 25-30 feet or so. Not bad for under 20 months.

He loves putting though. spends ages hitting balls up and down in the living room or on the putting green.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:05 am

Is it le shithole or la shithole? I was never very good at French.
drive4show
drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 am

Shyte, it seems I need a new trick shaft, if he's getting it out there nearly as far as me already :(
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 am

If you cut a putter shaft down to - what - 20 inches for him, how many swing weights is that you have lost?
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:07 am

drive4show wrote:Is it le shithole or la shithole? I was never very good at French.

this phrase is suitable for all situations

La sange est sur la table.

Or if you're mav

Ou est l'hopital? je veux une infirmière
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 am

oldshanker wrote:If you cut a putter shaft down to - what - 20 inches for him, how many swing weights is that you have lost?

cut down?

oh no. He has a junior set suitable for his height and weight supplied by my pro. He's a member of my club soon too.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:09 am

Doc wrote:Shyte, it seems I need a new trick shaft, if he's getting it out there nearly as far as me already :(

Well you do openly admit to being a short arse Doc. With a bright orange trolley isn't it. Has it got a cool bar on it, not that we will need that tomorrow. :shock:
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:11 am

oldshanker wrote:
Doc wrote:Shyte, it seems I need a new trick shaft, if he's getting it out there nearly as far as me already :(

Well you do openly admit to being a short arse Doc. With a bright orange trolley isn't it. Has it got a cool bar on it, not that we will need that tomorrow. :shock:

Gonna be cool enough I think, thermals are already out and ready, just hate taking a leak wearing them. :D
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:11 am

He's got shoulders and legs like me. Powerful little git. Funny when he swings it though.. he makes a bizarre 'woooo' noise like some high pitched ghost.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:12 am

Doc wrote:
oldshanker wrote:

Gonna be cool enough I think, thermals are already out and ready, just hate taking a leak wearing them. :D

Solution: Treat them like a 1980s wetsuit. Just go in it. It'll keep you warm.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:

He's got shoulders and legs like me. Powerful little git. Funny when he swings it though.. he makes a bizarre 'woooo' noise like some high pitched ghost.

Oh God, he's not going to be like all those awful female tennis players that grunt on every shot?? affraid
drive4show
drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:13 am

Doc wrote:
oldshanker wrote:

Thermals? Good idea. Wonder where my bright red under armour is? It's a bit slippy and I have to make sure I dress in the dark when I wear it, 'cos nothing is hidden! Not a pretty sight.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:15 am

drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

Oh God, he's not going to be like all those awful female tennis players that grunt on every shot?? affraid

i hope so. it's bloody hilarious!

On the same note. Anyone tried talking whilst hitting a shot. It works exceptionally well at taking your mind off what you are doing thus freeing your body to just hit the bloody thing.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:21 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:
drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

On the same note. Anyone tried talking whilst hitting a shot. It works exceptionally well at taking your mind off what you are doing thus freeing your body to just hit the bloody thing.

Haven't tried talking, but did go through a phase when I tried to swing my driver to the old Roger Miller classic - 'Engerland swings like a pendulum do'
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:25 am

Damn - just logged out and found I have 7 zillion emails 'cos I forgot to click stop watching this topic....
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 am

Seems we have 29 members of this v2/V2 place, so maybe some will want to come with us if we go elsewhere, and nothing wrong with double dipping as I'll probably be doing it too, to see if anythings happening.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:31 am

Doc wrote:Seems we have 29 members of this v2/V2 place, so maybe some will want to come with us if we go elsewhere, and nothing wrong with double dipping as I'll probably be doing it too, to see if anythings happening.

I'd be interested in joining if the plan was to go elsewhere. Must admit all this admin,mods lark is far to complex for me. I just want to talk golf with some banter with like minded people

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:35 am

oldshanker wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:
drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

Haven't tried talking, but did go through a phase when I tried to swing my driver to the old Roger Miller classic - 'Engerland swings like a pendulum do'

Shanker if there was an 'I'll get me coat' smilie - you sir would be awarded it for that reference to Radio 2 dross a la 1972 afro
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:
oldshanker wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:
drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

Shanker if there was an 'I'll get me coat' smilie - you sir would be awarded it for that reference to Radio 2 dross a la 1972 afro

And that sly stone emoticon was obviously used in an ironic manner. Your new avatar is better. Like a bit of Yul. geek
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:05 pm

oldshanker wrote:
Noshankingtonite wrote:
oldshanker wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:
drive4show wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:

is

And that sly stone emoticon was obviously used in an ironic manner. Your new avatar is better. Like a bit of Yul. geek

Shanker - Thanks for that chap; I know it can get a tad lonely on the east coast, I hope this doesn't mean you're proposing long walks and hot showers What a Face
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:22 pm

What together!!! affraid
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:30 pm

oldshanker wrote:What together!!! affraid

Well the 'like a bit of Yul' tongue hanging out smilie was a tad worrisome tbh, esp as my head is now completely shaved. I bet you like a bit of Erroll Brown too on the quiet... ohh the time just rolls by on the East Coast Sleep
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Ooh harsh - of course you have plenty of that precious commodity now don't you. tongue
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:40 pm

oldshanker wrote:Ooh harsh - of course you have plenty of that precious commodity now don't you. tongue

I do indeed Shanker - 'gissa job!' clown
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Noshankingtonite wrote:
oldshanker wrote:Ooh harsh - of course you have plenty of that precious commodity now don't you. tongue

I do indeed Shanker - 'gissa job!' clown

Yeah joking apart, hope there is some good news on that front in the near future.

But until then................NO! cyclops is that emoticon a POV
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum