The user 'Admin'

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Go down

The user 'Admin'

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

We appear to have a problem.

We (Davie and I as mods) don't appear to have the rights to get rid of him and he's lurking around (he's shown as being online). Plus, he has full access rights

I don't think I like this.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The user 'Admin'

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:47 am

its hobo hence why he saw my comment and banned me from v2

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 am

I've placed a response on one of the 606v2 threads asking if they can provide the admin creds, wouldn't hold my breath however!

Gareth_NI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:08 am

Gareth_NI wrote:I've placed a response on one of the 606v2 threads asking if they can provide the admin creds, wouldn't hold my breath however!

It feels like we're in an experiment.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:24 am

FYI,

From Fernando:-

"Basically certain members wanted no admin/mod input so we made a golf forum for them where they could go do that.

We need the Admin user because we run the site under the v2 name Gareth. If they want their own site they would have to create it themselves."

Last edited by Gareth_NI on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Gareth_NI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 am

I notice that Admin first appear on this site at 9.30 a.m. yesterday, so it looks as though it was all in place before it kicked off today?
Mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Mary wrote:I notice that Admin first appear on this site at 9.30 a.m. yesterday, so it looks as though it was all in place before it kicked off today?

Doesn't that itself prove they wanted rid of people who had their own opinions! No coincidnce that davie and I both former mods are exiled for not agreeing with them seems having opinions on how things are run is not allowed!
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

NBS summed it all up when he said I shouldn't expect a right to reply and that it isn't a democracy on v2.

Yes, we know, NBS. Hence the battles :roll:
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:18 pm

Mercurio wrote:NBS summed it all up when he said I shouldn't expect a right to reply and that it isn't a democracy on v2.

Yes, we know, NBS. Hence the battles :roll:

Doesn't need to be a democracy to be allowed reply basic human rights!

I see Homo sorry Hobo has replied to why Admin was online here yesterday at 9am! He set this place up yesterday morning with the view to banishing Merc, Davie and myself here then. But as he says we were given one last chance! More like we were setup so they could use it as an excuse to get rid....

Still awaiting my response on why I was banned. Not one of them has the balls to openly state it as I never insulted them or even broke a rule just stood up for what I thought was right and NBS avoids my question twice in open forum here! Says a lot really.

Well complete cunch of bunts I'll rant no more let make this place work for now under the gaze of homo and his five knuckle shuffling till we sort out a real home
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Merc - check your profile settings. When they set up my user name here they used a bogus email address (against terms and conditions I suppose). Also they haven't given us the permission to change email addresses. Useless tossers.

I assume they've set you up with a bogus email address too?

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Davie wrote:Merc - check your profile settings. When they set up my user name here they used a bogus email address (against terms and conditions I suppose). Also they haven't given us the permission to change email addresses. Useless tossers.

I assume they've set you up with a bogus email address too?

Yeah, but that's not a problem is it?

Aren't we going to use D4S' list for e-mails?

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah - I only mention it in case anyone tries to email you here (or if you have email notifications set up - they will vanish into the ether)

Interesting piece of revisionist history from Hobo this morning over there - he states that I emailed asking for the new forum to be deleted.

This is absolute nonsense and lies. What I DID do was email Hero (copy to Hobo) and after stating my case I put it to Hero (not Hobo) that the ball was in his court and if he had any sense then the status quo could be restored with everyone back "over there" - and THEN this place could be deleted.

He has a real knack of twisting words to his own ends - but I'm sure people can see how disingenuous he is being

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Mav and Merc - check your PMs (no I'm not doing a Hobo! lol)

Merc - you should also now be able to change your profile email address if you wish to

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Davie, do you have the admin rights now? I only ask as it was stated on the other side that you did. I see the site has been getting a little more user friendly; grey color scheme and more posts per page. Just an fyi they've taken down the post with the link to here too. Thanks Grumps

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:08 pm

Yes GG - they gave me the admin password which I've now changed so they can't get here (as admin anyway)

I noticed the link had been taken down. They are desperately trying to plug the leak that they invited upon themselves

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Cool, thank you for your efforts here. I'll post the eclectic thread when I'm at work and hopefully we can kick from here.

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:16 pm

1GG - don't spend too much time posting important stuff here yet. If the general concensus is to stay here then we'll put some work in to structure it better - otherwise we'll be looking to ask people to move *again* .. and don't want to waste too much time with posts on here

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:17 pm

What is with this ugly grey theme? Even the lime green was nicer.

Redrage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Calm down redrage - it was just a temporary measure to get rid of the tiny font and everything being lime green - that they imposed on us.

We need a decision if we stay here (associated at least in name with Hobo's Heros) or if we move. No point putting time and effort into this place if we are only going to move on

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 pm

It would just be a copy and paste special Davie. I think some effort has to be made to entice fence sitters; Mac seems to think we only want to be bitter and not talk about golf. I don't want to rehash all that's just happened but I think we need to show that we're capable of bigger and better things.

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:30 pm

Totally agree Doc. All the more reason to wish to come to a quick decision on "stay here or move elsewhere". I for one don't really want to get too involved in golf chat here if we are to up sticks and move again in a couple of days. As it is, it does look at the moment as if most people only want to talk about the schism here but that's really not the case. The sooner we get back to talking about golf, the better but from my point of view that will only happen once a decision has been made.

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:33 pm

I liked the Golf Magic forum, more relaxed mods, and lots of golf news and articles to browse. We don't need our own forum that will never grow, it should be a forum associated with something that draws in golf fans imo.

Redrage

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:34 pm

As we now have both sets of keys, why not just stay here? The darksiders know where to find us if they want to come over and we can tweak the site as we want. Another move just seems more unnecesary upheaval.

But if everyone wants to move, count me in.................
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:35 pm

1GG - I agree but it's inevitable that it will still get talked about for a day or two. It's still not been 24 hours since it happened.

I don't mean to appear smug but I'm made-up that it's a McLaren free zone, especially as I perceive him as playing a significant part in the downfall of v2 with his dog-dragging comment.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:36 pm

D4S I hear what you say about yet another upheaval - unfortunately even t hough we have the keys, there is still an association by name with the other place. Also the link on the darkside has now been completely removed.

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:37 pm

It's an awkward one guys. If we stay here there is the chance of stagnation due to lack of incoming posters. Something that 606v2 tried to do but they weren't particularly effective which is why those pointless articles were posted there in the first place... so they could tweet about something to try to bring in additional users by saying we are talking about the same thing as you why not come here, or look at us... we're able to talk about all aspects of the game not just the mens side of it. Kinda transparent really.

Something more widely available would provide that but there is also the risk that some won't like the brand of humour we bring to their forum. Careful thought and selection required.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 pm

Merc, I know that was a real sore point for you and as you say, a catalyst to the downfall of the dark side but this is a brilliant opportunity to start with a clean sheet. There are loads of posters over there that could/would make a significant contribution to this site and don't forget we now have a major advantage, we own the Admins!!

So we can stamp out any argy bargy before it becomes a problem I love you
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:41 pm

whats this dog dragging thing? And is there a version with cats instead?
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 pm

It's a toughie that requires input from everyone.

If everyone ties in to what the majority desire, I'm happy with that.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 pm

That's my worry too LJ (both sides of your statement)

I've been in charge of a forum in the past where a largish group of people came seeking refuge from another forum. Caused an awful lot of friction between the old guard and the newbies arriving en masse

My preference would be to keep our own place somewhere, entice the rest of the dark side over first, then look at ways of increasing membership so we don't stagnate. V2 showed it's not always easy to get new membership, but IMO they went about it the wrong way, putting too much faith in Twitter. If we got a stable base first with those of us here already, plus getting the rest of the darkside to move over, then we at least have something to build on

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:43 pm

LJ...don't even go there mate, it caused ructions of a biblical scale! Seriously, it was the catalyst that brought about the whole fallout and breakaway to this site.
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:46 pm

You know me. I'm innocent and would never want to provide friction or wind-ups.

Except by laughing at the blind cat football thing. That was funny.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:49 pm

drive4show wrote:Merc, I know that was a real sore point for you and as you say, a catalyst to the downfall of the dark side but this is a brilliant opportunity to start with a clean sheet. There are loads of posters over there that could/would make a significant contribution to this site and don't forget we now have a major advantage, we own the Admins!!

So we can stamp out any argy bargy before it becomes a problem I love you

I'm completely in agreement with you, D4S.

As I said in my post over there yesterday, to only dislike one person from such a group of people is a great compliment to the group.

I only mentioned McLaren because 1GG said McLaren thinks this place will only be about slating v2. No, McLaren, it won't be tongue
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Merc. I get that and for what it's worth I think for that and some of his other "humour" you called him what you called him and he's proving your point.

But I don't want to get us sucked into a complete bitchfest and have him able to appear correct, we're better than that.

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:54 pm

I will make no further mention of the Wizard('s Sleeve), 1GG.

silent
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down