This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Go down

This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:20 am

This was the opening post on the thread that led to the creation of this place. Maybe we can turn it into the Magna Carte or something :lol: :

Clearly, the problem we have is that there is a conflict between what the administrators demand the ‘golf’ board to be and what a significant number of the prolific golf contributors want it to be. There are many golfers who do not have any interest in any of the other sports forums and consequently look upon the golf board as a separate dominion. The bus can drive itself.

Earlier this week, an administrator said they need the golf contributors and the golf contributors need them. Err, no we don’t and that’s the issue. We didn’t come here from any loyalty or dependency to the founder. We came here because someone herded us here and more through inertia than choice this became our new home. To suggest that without the existence of this board the Golf Community wouldn’t exist is nonsense. We would simply have set up camp somewhere else.

The impression given out by the administrators is that they own us and we will do what they say. This, unsurprisingly, has got people’s backs up. The golf community is made up of lots of intelligent people including senior management in business. Do you think that that these people take kindly to being told how to behave by some green behind the ears twenty-something or a WWE fan?

I like the (relative for golfers) diversity of the contributors to the golfboard and enjoy the community spirit and humour that’s been generated. I love the fact people meet-up. All this shows that it’s the golfers who make this board and that their views should have the appropriate gravitas when taking action. This has not been the case. As an aside, there is one person I don’t like but I can’t be condemned for disliking a toady lickspittle with no compassion for suffering animals. To only dislike one person from such a big group I feel is a great compliment to everyone who contributes.

The solution

The only way I believe the Administrators will (re)gain respect is to stand back and leave the moderation to one of own (NBS?). The quid pro quo for both sides is that the golfers are left to enjoy their own company and the Administrators continue to get the footfall of the golfing community, which I assume helps with advertising rates. This stepping back would also include not starting faux-interest threads or planting stooges. If their heavy-handedness continues, they can only blame themselves for people leaving. A moderator made a reference to me being like an employee which was completely the wrong analogy. The correct analogy would be to compare us to customers. If the customers don’t or can’t get what they want they’ll go elsewhere.

I would hope not to be banned for this post but, there again, I don’t believe I was deserving of my other bans, so it wouldn’t surprise if I am. As well as being issued disproportionately to the (perceived) crime, I would also suggest that bans are used that often they’re having little effect. All it’s done in this case is to drag out a debate over more days as, quite reasonably, the person who feels his banning was unjustified want the right of reply.

Finally, I just want to clear up the misinformation said about me in the last couple of days:

The use of the ‘C’ Word

The continued references to me using the ‘C’ word are very annoying. When people say ‘flip’ have they used the ‘F’ word? No they haven’t, and I didn’t use the ‘C’ word.

Warnings

I have received no warnings about any of my posts before I’ve been banned.

Ignoring PMs


I did not ‘ignore’ the PM which notified me of my banning as the Administrator said. I just hadn’t noticed I’d received a PM.

P.S. Thanks to everyone for the support given to me. It’s been much appreciated.
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:23 am

it isnt a rant, and i agree with ya, however do u agree with me, that hobo acts like he runs the place when he dosent. Hero is the creater not hobo

(by the way hobo if your reading this which im sure you are, i dont care, it will result in me getting a longer ban, but freedom of speech is important)

cricketfan90

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:25 am

cricketfan90 wrote:it isnt a rant, and i agree with ya, however do u agree with me, that hobo acts like he runs the place when he dosent. Hero is the creater not hobo

(by the way hobo if your reading this which im sure you are, i dont care, it will result in me getting a longer ban, but freedom of speech is important)

The only truly reasonable Administrator appeared to be Fernando.
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 am

to be honest hobo is the only one i dont get on with, and he clearly has an issue with me, but dosent have the bollocks to tell me what it is!

(sorry if not allowed to swear lol)

cricketfan90

Posts : 26
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 am

Was wondering around and came upon this thread. As the original on v2 got deleted before I got to post the following, here it is:

Mercurio wrote:Clearly, the problem we have is that there is a conflict between what the administrators demand the ‘golf’ board to be and what a significant number of the prolific golf contributors want it to be. There are many golfers who do not have any interest in any of the other sports forums and consequently look upon the golf board as a separate dominion. The bus can drive itself.
Define significant number? What I see is a few (admittedly prolific) posters sounding off. What about the rest who read this section? I doubt it could be defined as significant, let alone a majority. Fancy giving me a bit more evidence?

Mercurio wrote:Earlier this week, an administrator said they need the golf contributors and the golf contributors need them. Err, no we don’t and that’s the issue. We didn’t come here from any loyalty or dependency to the founder. We came here because someone herded us here and more through inertia than choice this became our new home. To suggest that without the existence of this board the Golf Community wouldn’t exist is nonsense. We would simply have set up camp somewhere else.
Yes, we do and you were herded here?? What are you? A sheep???

Mercurio wrote:The impression given out by the administrators is that they own us and we will do what they say. This, unsurprisingly, has got people’s backs up. The golf community is made up of lots of intelligent people including senior management in business. Do you think that that these people take kindly to being told how to behave by some green behind the ears twenty-something or a WWE fan?
:roll: Is it me, or is that absurdly pompous and self-important? Not to say insulting. Interestingly, I've met quite a few people at golf clubs with that assumed air of importance/intelligence.

Mercurio wrote:I like the (relative for golfers) diversity of the contributors to the golfboard and enjoy the community spirit and humour that’s been generated. I love the fact people meet-up. All this shows that it’s the golfers who make this board and that their views should have the appropriate gravitas when taking action. This has not been the case. As an aside, there is one person I don’t like but I can’t be condemned for disliking a toady lickspittle with no compassion for suffering animals. To only dislike one person from such a big group I feel is a great compliment to everyone who contributes.
That was an aside you should have left unsaid. It's rude and completely unnecessary. You don't like Mac here? Fine but keep such direct insults out of it please.

Mercurio wrote:The solution
Here's hoping...

Mercurio wrote:The only way I believe the Administrators will (re)gain respect is to stand back and leave the moderation to one of own (NBS?). The quid pro quo for both sides is that the golfers are left to enjoy their own company and the Administrators continue to get the footfall of the golfing community, which I assume helps with advertising rates. This stepping back would also include not starting faux-interest threads or planting stooges. If their heavy-handedness continues, they can only blame themselves for people leaving. A moderator made a reference to me being like an employee which was completely the wrong analogy. The correct analogy would be to compare us to customers. If the customers don’t or can’t get what they want they’ll go elsewhere.
Alas…. '(re)gain' respect??? Sorry, that's laughable. No-one is stopping you leaving. Feel free.

Mercurio wrote:I would hope not to be banned for this post but, there again, I don’t believe I was deserving of my other bans, so it wouldn’t surprise if I am. As well as being issued disproportionately to the (perceived) crime, I would also suggest that bans are used that often they’re having little effect. All it’s done in this case is to drag out a debate over more days as, quite reasonably, the person who feels his banning was unjustified want the right of reply.
Right of reply? What right of reply?? It's not a democracy here for the umpteenth time. You have no default right of reply. None of us do.

Mercurio wrote:Finally, I just want to clear up the misinformation said about me in the last couple of days:

The use of the ‘C’ Word

The continued references to me using the ‘C’ word are very annoying. When people say ‘flip’ have they used the ‘F’ word? No they haven’t, and I didn’t use the ‘C’ word…..
Can't actually believe you wrote this. I thought you were 'senior management' or something. This is a playground justification. No, you didn't actually type the word out (you couldn't have done with the filter) but you thought to be clever and do the nearest thing. People weren't born yesterday and they don't buy this 'justification' either.



Good luck with this guys and gals. Sorry this is the end result but was inevitable I think from some while ago. Assuming I don't get banned for the above(!), hope to see you around on occasion. I'll be on v2, albeit a bit less I think, or you can find me on The Sandtrap or occasionally GolfWRX (both as "misty_mountainhop").

Good to "see" you again LJ; hope you and the family have been keeping well.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 am

NBS

Interesting you as a mod should come over here to contnue the argument we were exiled for!

Any reason I was booted off even though I insulted no-one and why davie and I weren't even given the common courtesy of an explanation or is it more toys out of prams.

Been watching the developments over there and looks like a lot of deleting of comments of posts of people standing up for us or themselves!

Censorship lives on over the I see your welcome to the place but that v2 power tip doesn't stop does it as they refuse to give up the admin rights to this place! I'm not usually one for swearing so I'll phrase it anotherway what a cunch of bunts!
avatar
Maverick1980

Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:34 am

Maverick1980 wrote:NBS

Interesting you as a mod should come over here to contnue the argument we were exiled for!

Any reason I was booted off even though I insulted no-one and why davie and I weren't even given the common courtesy of an explanation or is it more toys out of prams.

Been watching the developments over there and looks like a lot of deleting of comments of posts of people standing up for us or themselves!

Censorship lives on over the I see your welcome to the place but that v2 power tip doesn't stop does it as they refuse to give up the admin rights to this place! I'm not usually one for swearing so I'll phrase it anotherway what a cunch of bunts!
I shouldn't chuckle but have you ever thought of a career in the diplomatic corps?

I'm not really trying to continue the argument and I won't mention it anymore; I don't think it'll serve anything to keep it simmering do you? In any case, Merc's post would have royally peed me off whether I was a Mod or a newbie poster. Que sera I guess. TBH, past caring much anymore. Take it easy.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:43 am

So come on why was I banned
avatar
Maverick1980

Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 pm

NBS - I disagree completely with your first post but I'm not going to counter your comments because I don't want this forum to become like the problem created by your fellow Moderators.

However, I will say the way V2 was run was not how I wanted it to be run. If you like being talked down to, micromanaged and restricted in what you can say, then V2 is for you. That's not for me and it looks like it's not for a few others.

If your first post on here is a sample of what you intend to post, I suggest you don't bother posting anymore. It's not what we want this or any subsequent place we end up to be.



avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:18 pm

The reason why the guys at 606v2 want to be so restrictive in what thet can and cannot say is that they are trying to grow that place into some kind of virtual sporting business.

Reading their twitter feeds they stick their heads so far up the backside of sportspersons in the hope of gaining an 'interview' that it's an embarrassment. That and their 'online store' and other little money spinners shows what it is likely to become.

A place to pander to the whims of a few individuals with a limited view on what is actually acceptable based purely on their own somewhat limited attitudes. The fact that the forum was hailed as a place for free thought with no commercial standing has changed enormously since then with things like 'growing the footprint via twitter' and that Hobo prick visiting golfing events and other sporting areas to lick the arse of the people there. As I recall he was tolf by one golfer "you're those v2 people. I'm not talking to you".

The guys out there see them... and have rejected them in numerous ways. I think that they are deluded and somewhat ignorant of their own lack of importance in the wider scheme of things. The fact that they believe they are more 'correct' than others is laughable. And that's certainly what comes across.

Hopefully more people will see that within the confines of other sports and that place will die a sad lonely death sometime soon.
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:35 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:The reason why the guys at 606v2 want to be so restrictive in what thet can and cannot say is that they are trying to grow that place into some kind of virtual sporting business.

Reading their twitter feeds they stick their heads so far up the backside of sportspersons in the hope of gaining an 'interview' that it's an embarrassment. That and their 'online store' and other little money spinners shows what it is likely to become.

A place to pander to the whims of a few individuals with a limited view on what is actually acceptable based purely on their own somewhat limited attitudes. The fact that the forum was hailed as a place for free thought with no commercial standing has changed enormously since then with things like 'growing the footprint via twitter' and that Hobo prick visiting golfing events and other sporting areas to lick the arse of the people there. As I recall he was tolf by one golfer "you're those v2 people. I'm not talking to you".

The guys out there see them... and have rejected them in numerous ways. I think that they are deluded and somewhat ignorant of their own lack of importance in the wider scheme of things. The fact that they believe they are more 'correct' than others is laughable. And that's certainly what comes across.

Hopefully more people will see that within the confines of other sports and that place will die a sad lonely death sometime soon.

That's very interesting, LJ, and explains a few things. That's definitely not what I wanted to be a part of.

I want to be part of a virtual clubhouse, not a sports village.
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:37 pm

You got that totally right LJ. Hobo has a wet dream of being the next Mark Zuckerburg and drags YI Man along with him.

I actually feel a little sorry for Here - he was the REAL founder of V2 and stated from the beginning that all he wanted was for circles of friends from the old BBC to stick together when 606 closed. He had (and I believe still has) no ambitions of greatness and I suspect he's had enough of the nonsense, to the point where he appointed another couple of members as "founders" and pretty much takes a back seat, probably rolling his eyes at their antics.

Hero was in fact a bit of a victim of his own success - initially he was paying out of his own pocket to have the adverts removed from v2 - sadly, the hosts (forumotion) stitched him up a bit by making massive increases to the costs of advert removal as the number of page hits rose exponentially. Instead however of just taking it on the chin and going with the forumotion adverts (as you see here on this forum), it was decided they would continue to pay the ever increasing ransom and insert their own adverts instead, in the hope that not only would it cover the costs, but that it would actually generate EXTRA income for them. Not a chance in hell of that happening IMO.

The shop was a failure as have most of the linkups they have generated (did anyone ever see leaderboard post anything on the golf board?)

BTW I think it was actually Robbie Savage that refused to talk to them, rather than a golfer as he claimed he was still working with the BBC and they had warned him off.

It may not be remembered by most, but Hobo, as one of the original admins was sacked early on for causing trouble between some of the rival 606 spin-off forums and he has been instrumental in pretty much every bit of trouble across all the sports that happened when I was part of the inner circle. Why they ever invited him back as admin and then "founder" I'll never know.

Davie
Admin

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Adam does seem to have issues.

As does NBS, having just read the post he added on V2 last night. What's with all his angst?

avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:01 pm

There was a golfer in there as well Davie. He secured an 'interview'. They found out who he was and backed out rapidly.
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Wow didn't know that. I wonder who it was. They have very good taste!

Davie
Admin

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Mercurio wrote:Adam does seem to have issues.

As does NBS, having just read the post he added on V2 last night. What's with all his angst?


I noticed that! Very strange indeed! Have just seen the twitter feed for their golf account made me want to vomit...

They must have sore knees the amount of time they spend on their knees blowing smoking up the arses of literally anyone slightly famous!
avatar
Maverick1980

Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Interesting to see that the link to this place also seems to have disappeared from the announcement - how are people supposed to find us with no link? Perhaps they were concerned at the number of people jumping ship

A double-dipper might wish to ask them about that

Davie
Admin

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:05 pm

Davie wrote:Interesting to see that the link to this place also seems to have disappeared from the announcement - how are people supposed to find us with no link? Perhaps they were concerned at the number of people jumping ship

A double-dipper might wish to ask them about that

I noticed that! Funny how they edit to make sure only get what they want! Be worth someone still on there pm'ing the link!

Anyone see mpb's post a minute ago! Think he has it spot on
avatar
Maverick1980

Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 pm

MPB has his facts skewed on my 'rant'.

I didn't post from being banned on Tuesday evening until I added the non-rant at about 1000 on Thursday.

I wasn't banned on Tuesday for any supposed rant but for saying a one-liner: 'golfmagic.com looks a good forum'
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 pm

I see Adam has added incorrect facts again.

He says "Mercurio posts links to other forums (again)" - I only ever posted the one post which contained a reference to another site and I got banned for it.

He also says "Mercurio emails people to cause trouble on 606v2 even though he has been told why he has been banned." - no, I didn't.

WTF is up with this bloke? He's an utter helmet.

And he complains that he had been subject to abuse on here - is he for real? What did he expect after carrying on like he has.
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:36 pm

I see the mindfcuk continues and they are now changing the colours here to make it as difficult to read as possible.

Could they GET any more childish?

Davie
Admin

Posts : 56
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Davie wrote:I see the mindfcuk continues and they are now changing the colours here to make it as difficult to read as possible.

Could they GET any more childish?

Is D4S's list up to date?!?
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Maverick1980 wrote:So come on why was I banned
In your case, specifically, I don't know Mav.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:42 pm

Mercurio wrote:NBS - I disagree completely with your first post but I'm not going to counter your comments because I don't want this forum to become like the problem created by your fellow Moderators.

However, I will say the way V2 was run was not how I wanted it to be run. If you like being talked down to, micromanaged and restricted in what you can say, then V2 is for you. That's not for me and it looks like it's not for a few others.

If your first post on here is a sample of what you intend to post, I suggest you don't bother posting anymore. It's not what we want this or any subsequent place we end up to be.



Fair enough. We can agree to disagree and all that. Re. any future posting, I'm not aiming to keep the fires burning.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote:So come on why was I banned
In your case, specifically, I don't know Mav.
Surely that's something the idiots in charge should be telling you NBS as the golf mod even you say you don't know that's because I didn't actually do anything wrong.

And does it not show how childish they are being now by changing our colours on here! I don't call that the not interfering they say it is!
avatar
Maverick1980

Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Mercurio wrote:Adam does seem to have issues.

As does NBS, having just read the post he added on V2 last night. What's with all his angst?

I'll answer this one. I am utterly fed up to the back teeth with the whole situation and now what was a decent group of generally like-minded golfers is splintered. I can't draw any real conclusions as I'm not privy to all that's gone on. I'm not remotely convinced it was all one-way (i.e. towards v2 Admin) traffic but it's pretty depressing when posters insist on repeatedly throwing fuel on a fire.

I can't believe some people couldn't stop posting deliberately inflammatory posts in public. TBH, I think no-one has behaved in a very adult way at all, either here or of the v2 Admin but there was only going to be one outcome when some people would not stop publicly butting heads with the Admin.

Some people seem to think they know an awful lot about motives etc I must say.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Maverick1980 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote:So come on why was I banned
In your case, specifically, I don't know Mav.
Surely that's something the idiots in charge should be telling you NBS as the golf mod even you say you don't know that's because I didn't actually do anything wrong.

And does it not show how childish they are being now by changing our colours on here! I don't call that the not interfering they say it is!
I have to say, the colour scheme is a bit vomit-inducing.
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:09 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote:So come on why was I banned
In your case, specifically, I don't know Mav.
Surely that's something the idiots in charge should be telling you NBS as the golf mod even you say you don't know that's because I didn't actually do anything wrong.

And does it not show how childish they are being now by changing our colours on here! I don't call that the not interfering they say it is!
I have to say, the colour scheme is a bit vomit-inducing.


And so normal colour returns! And they are staying out of this place! That's why there's a hidden user online then!!!!

Time to get on with golf talk rather than the muppets in charge
avatar
Maverick1980

Posts : 58
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Right....now that we have our own proper admin team, can somebody PLEASE change the goddam awful colour scheme...it's doing my eyes in big style!!!!!
avatar
drive4show

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Dorset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:37 pm

drive4show wrote:Right....now that we have our own proper admin team, can somebody PLEASE change the goddam awful colour scheme...it's doing my eyes in big style!!!!!

Are you suggesting Lime Green is not a nice colour?
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:39 pm

NBS - I acknowledge your post. I've said what I had issues with and there's no reason to repeat this.

I'm concerned that you (and others) perceive me and others as trouble-makers. This is completely not the case. It seem the problems have arisen from the conflict in the futures wanted by v2 and by some of the golf contributors. I don't want to be part of a corporate-esce sports media village. I just want the atmosphere we used to have for so long after v2 was initially set up before the Administrators (or possibly specifically, Adam) started throwing their weight around.

None of us want conflict.
avatar
Mercurio

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 pm

LJ

You know deep down inside that lime green is not a nice colour, change your gear to blue...go on, you know you want to.......

and to Navy,

I hope you will be posting on here in future, even if you decide to double dip. I think you make some valued contributions and along with kwini I consider you to be one of the 'elder statesmen' of the whole 606 thing and you help to maintain a sense of perspective.
avatar
drive4show

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Dorset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Phew! That looks better; the format/colour I mean. Don't need the barf bag handy now.

D4S
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll be around and about as I think I'm a golf addict at heart, wherever there's chat about it. Will probably take a bit of a backseat for a while on all fora as currently had a bellyful.

LJ
No matter what you say, lime green is a never a 'go to' colour!
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by LondonJonnyO on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:17 am

Lime green is the colour of choice of men who are not afraid to show their inner nutcase by wearing strides in such a sexy hue.

Or if that's not enough then my see-through trousers are also a possibility for board mascot. I'll get a photo done if you like.
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by drive4show on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:19 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:Lime green is the colour of choice of men who are not afraid to show their inner nutcase by wearing strides in such a sexy hue.

Or if that's not enough then my see-through trousers are also a possibility for board mascot. I'll get a photo done if you like.

We don't like...but thanks for the offer.
avatar
drive4show

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Dorset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by LondonJonnyO on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:20 am

I will ensure that the sausage is sufficiently hidden by means of a posing pouch. In leopard print.
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by navyblueshorts on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:32 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:I will ensure that the sausage foil-wrapped cucumber is sufficiently hidden by means of a posing pouch. In leopard print.
Is that what you meant? Reminds me of Spinal Tap whatever the realities!
avatar
navyblueshorts

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-12-09
Location : Neverland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by LondonJonnyO on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:35 am

I'm more your chili peppers socks on co.... kinda guy.

Except it was on a foot.

And I threw it at the starter.

Who then called security.

I had to go on the run.

I ruined that poor ladies breakfast.

I should never have stopped for a wiggle.

It was all the BelAir's fault.

It was basically a mess.
avatar
LondonJonnyO

Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is a rant, apparently (for posterity)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum