Introduce yourselves

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Introduce yourselves

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:51 am

Hi everyone

Looks like we are attracting a mixture of older 606/606v2 members that all know each other and a few newer guys too.

We would like this to be a welcoming site where everyone can feel comfortable and interact sensibly and enjoyably so please use this site to introduce yourself.

I'll start for those that don't already know me........

Long time golfer and 'all things golf' addict. Play off 5 at a course down in Dorset. I'm easy going, approachable and don't hold grudges if anyone winds me up the wrong way on here. I've played a huge number of courses so always happy to try to advise on that subject if anyone needs any advice or pointers. Also a bit of an equipment junkie so please feel free to ask me stuff on that subject too, I'll always do my best to help out.

So, that's me....who's next?
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourselves

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:54 am

im cricketfan90 (CF) i play golf all the time, am a huge golf fan, and would have posted more on v2 had it been a bit calmer

however i think of this as a fresh start, and i look forward to posting on here.

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:59 am

Name: Mercurio

Handicap: 13.3

Famous for: Being an Agent Provocateur

Likes other than golf: Guitar-based music, F1, Badger beers, anything with gravy

Who I'd commit infidelity for: Heather Graham

In Harry Potter I would be: Severus Snape

World enemy: McLaren Potter

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 am

I'm 46 years old live in Nam (Cheltenham) have been trying to play golf for more than 30 years. I am currently off a handicap of 18.

What I hope to bring to the forum is a bit of 'witty' banter, some golf memorabilia and try and get involved in a few get-to-gethers either in bounce games or meeting up around the various Opens in West and South West of England. I think we have a great opportunity here for making this forum do what I believe it should do:

- Give help and advice to new and established golfers about kit, courses and how to get enjoyment out of this fantastic pasttime

- Arrange meet-ups and social events as per above

- Discuss other common interests outside the game of golf.

Let's keep it friendly shall we. There's enough stress and hardship in the world today without us adding more angst. As my dear departed granny used to say 'If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!' :lol:
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:35 am

This is a really useful thread for me, as being a newbie to 606V2 I don't really know any background info on the regulars.

As for me ......

I live in Wiltshire and have been playing golf regularly for around 3 years, but dabbled with lessons and the range on a non-regular basis before getting out on the course. My handicap is 28 - came down from 34 at the beginning of the year. I don't take the game too seriously, and am not really very competative. I work full-time, so love the chance to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the scenery - if the little white ball and my sticks behave themselve while I'm out there - then that's a bonus.

My son plays professionally - that's how I got interested in the game, after all those years of ferrying him around I thought I would see what it was all about.

In real life I'm actually fairly quiet and shy - until I get to know people. Like D4S, I don't take offence easily, so am unlikely to get into a ruck!
Mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:35 am

Generally the elder statesman, I approach these forum (forii?) with the view that I want to play golf and like to meet up with other like minded people and possibly enjoy it enough to want to do it again.

Speaking of that D4S, I suspect the March meet that was muted on the dark side will now fall down, but it could be something that we might like to do in a smaller way. I'm golfing with Doc tomorrow, did anybody fall out with him, I ask because this all kicked off when I wasn't on the board and I haven't seen anything.

So I play off 16 in Cambridgeshire - the dearth of golf courses - and I second the fact that D4S is affable and approachable, I've broken bread with him for goodness sake.
oldshanker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 am

oldshanker wrote:
Speaking of that D4S, I suspect the March meet that was muted on the dark side will now fall down

Au contraire - it could be 606 v2 v 606 v2 v2
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 am

Mercurio wrote:
oldshanker wrote:
Speaking of that D4S, I suspect the March meet that was muted on the dark side will now fall down

Au contraire - it could be 606 v2 v 606 v2 v2

Bags we persuade LJ and JAS to join then and quick :idea:
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

JAS pinged me an email earlier today, he is taking a break from the dark side. I'm out with him on Saturday, I'll spike his drinks and get him to sign up ;-)

As for LJ, that could be a bit more of a challenge but with LP signed up on here too, between us we might be able to talk him round!
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:52 am

Name: ChrisGG
Handicap: 5.5
Live in: Swansea
Job: None (student)
Like other than golf: Cricket, Football, Most music that isn't modern autotuned shite
Dislike: Daily Mail readers, Michael Gove, Twilight
ChrisGG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:53 am

Mercurio wrote:Name: Mercurio

Handicap: 13.3

Famous for: Being an Agent Provocateur

Likes other than golf: Guitar-based music, F1, Badger beers, anything with gravy

Who I'd commit infidelity for: Heather Graham

In Harry Potter I would be: Severus Snape

World enemy: McLaren Potter

Merc: in the grand scheme of things - if you were Doctor Who would you rate Mac as being like the Daleks and Diggers as being the Cybermen. Just curious scratch
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:55 am

ChrisGG wrote:Name: ChrisGG
Like other than golf: Cricket, Football, Most music that isn't modern autotuned shite

With that handicap, you're in the v2 v2 team, me laddy!
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 am

Noshankingtonite wrote:

Merc: in the grand scheme of things - if you were Doctor Who would you rate Mac as being like the Daleks and Diggers as being the Cybermen. Just curious scratch

I've never really watched it, mate, but I'd have him down as the bollock-sniffing K9.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 am

Mercurio wrote:
ChrisGG wrote:Name: ChrisGG

With that handicap, you're in the v2 v2 team, me laddy!

:D
ChrisGG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:56 am

drive4show wrote:JAS pinged me an email earlier today, he is taking a break from the dark side. I'm out with him on Saturday, I'll spike his drinks and get him to sign up ;-)

As for LJ, that could be a bit more of a challenge but with LP signed up on here too, between us we might be able to talk him round!

A round of golf and a ruby and I know he'll come round. I miss that bugger 😢
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 am

drive4show wrote:JAS pinged me an email earlier today, he is taking a break from the dark side. I'm out with him on Saturday, I'll spike his drinks and get him to sign up ;-)

Spike JAS' drinks - he's the only man I know that spikes his own drinks! The man is a golfing-beer-swilling-karaokesinging-womanchasing monster :evil: God love him I love you
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 am

1Grumpygolfer here. I don't always live up to me username it's just a reference to my curtailed golf season hence the current grumpiness. I'm an expat living in Pennsylvania in USA because of this my opportunity to meet like minded folks like your good selves is somewhat limited.

I've been playing around 10 years now with a few timeouts due to moving here and winter. I hate that white rudey poo stuff with a passion, yeah it looks nice at Christmas but can't it disappear on boxing day? Got my handicap down to 8, now back up to 10 and more like 12/13 there's been some fun and games at my course so this season started late and finished early; bar stewards. I don't tend to practise a lot, just play whenever I can. Commuting into New York for work tends to horlicks up slipping off for a quick 9 holes or round afterwork.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster on the boards but I am going to counselling and it's helping, I think. I'm up to over 300 posts on the dark side but hopefully with my medication I can conquer my fears on 606v3.

I somehow, foolishly, decided to run the 606v2/v3 eclectic this year and will be posting that soon so look out for that.

Last edited by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra word)

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 am

I believe I require no introduction.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:I believe I require no introduction.

Well, phuq my hat!!!!

It's like the return of Bobby Ewing!

Welcome back, Sir!
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:04 am

Mercurio wrote:

Well, phuq my hat!!!!

It's like the return of Bobby Ewing!

Welcome back, Sir!

Don't worry. Its all a dream
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:08 am

Good to see you LJ. As I stated on another thread I don't intend posting on here much except to decide where we go from here - but I'll make an exception for you.

It was possibly your ban from v2 that first put me in opposition to certain admins over there and I fought your case almost to the point of getting banned myself. Sadly the spin from the obermeisters put it the other way and I was somehow made out to be the bad guy.

Glad to hear you've still been reading even if not allowed to post

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 am

Davie wrote:Good to see you LJ. As I stated on another thread I don't intend posting on here much except to decide where we go from here - but I'll make an exception for you.

It was possibly your ban from v2 that first put me in opposition to certain admins over there and I fought your case almost to the point of getting banned myself. Sadly the spin from the obermeisters put it the other way and I was somehow made out to be the bad guy.

Shouldn't have done that Davie... wasn't worth the effort. But I appreciate the intent behind your actions.

Makes me laugh that you were almost banned on the back of my quitting, and then being banned. It's very much a case of "it's our ball" over there. Thats the reason I left/got banned depending on where you sat.

So what are the thoughts on all this then?
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 am

Short arsed middle aged geezer from Cheshire, but seemingly very attractive to ladies ... Mary 8) ..... Play off 18 but should be lower if I had the time. Can play a blinder or like a blind man as OS will find out tomorrow.

Willing to help any new members, still hoping the March meet is on and a party. I enjoy a laugh and a beer nuff said
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 am

Davie wrote:Good to see you LJ. As I stated on another thread I don't intend posting on here much except to decide where we go from here - but I'll make an exception for you.

Davie - I suspect you missed my post directed towards you on v2 today due to the Moderators' post removal frenzy. It was similar to this:

Davie - in the past, I have suggested that you have been too officious when you were a moderator. I can now see that any action from you was likely due to heavy leaning from your 'seniors'. With this in mind, it was unfair for me to have taken that view of you and I apologise.

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 am

Ok my turn.

Handicap: +1

Strongest parts of my game: Short game, Putting, inabilty to give up ever

Interests outside of golf: Reading, Films, Boxing & MMA, Footie, Nurses and nice ladies ;)

About me: Very lively and out going, former soldier who boxed for the Army at light welter, welter and middleweight divisions. Played football at semi pro level in germany and love all things that keep me active. I'm now an entrepeneur just sold 1 busienss and now run just 1 other with my lady. Bit of a baby machine with a penchant for nurses, like a drink and a laugh and hope we can get a v2 v's v2v2 ryder cup stylie match I want to play Mac and ridicule him for his recent comments oh and see if his girlfriends is real or inflatable

Will continue the ET weeklies on here with my insider information just call me Mav
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks Merc - I did see your post. I too was caught up in other things and didn't get chance to reply, but the sentiment was much appreciated

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:23 am

Maverick1980 wrote:
About me: Very lively and out going, former soldier who boxed for the Army at light welter, welter and middleweight divisions.

So. Like the rest of us you ARE gettting fatter. :D
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:31 am

Hi all,

I've been a fairly irregular poster to both prior versions of 606. Contrary to belief I am not a WUM, I have tendancies to sometimes speak/write without a great deal of thought and can sometimes come across in the wrong manner.

I'm pretty easy going, enjoy playing golf, enjoy the occassional drink and am always game for a laugh. Moved to Scotland from NI at 18 for University, now 26 and have remained here ever since. Currently working in Edinburgh in the Banking sector in IT support. Engaged to my beautiful fiance, due to get married next July.

Haven't held an official club handicap since 15, which was 18. At present I'm anywhere between 10-25 bounce
- strongest parts of my game: Putting, chipping, Pitching
- weakest parts of my game: Driving and Long Irons (large tendancy to block the ball sending most left>right

Gareth_NI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:32 am

Gareth_NI wrote:Hi all,

I've been a fairly irregular poster to both prior versions of 606. Contrary to belief I am not a WUM, I have tendancies to sometimes speak/write without a great deal of thought and can sometimes come across in the wrong manner.

I'm pretty easy going, enjoy playing golf, enjoy the occassional drink and am always game for a laugh. Moved to Scotland from NI at 18 for University, now 26 and have remained here ever since. Currently working in Edinburgh in the Banking sector in IT support. Engaged to my beautiful fiance, due to get married next July.

Haven't held an official club handicap since 15, which was 18. At present I'm anywhere between 10-25 bounce
- strongest parts of my game: Putting, chipping, Pitching
- weakest parts of my game: Driving and Long Irons (large tendancy to block the ball sending most left>right

HBOS?
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xxx on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:02 am

Last edited by xxx on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

xxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:05 am

KeizoYamata wrote:Hello

Go on then, do your pen profile. Should be interesting.

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 am

Sorry, but I think I'm the only person who doesn't know LJO! :oops:

Mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 am

Mary wrote:

Sorry, but I think I'm the only person who doesn't know LJO! :oops:

I am the original anti-hobo campaigner. And also a legend in my own, somewhat cramped, hotel room. Cheapass company and their Ibis recommendation!
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:10 am

LJ

Hello old boy i;;ve missed our chats, hows the cat still getting spin with it off the wedge.
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 am

Maverick1980 wrote: former soldier who boxed for the Army at light welter, welter and middleweight divisions.

Didn't you mention once on a thread that you are 5'6"?

Bit keen on the pies then are you?? ;)

lol!
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:13 am

Maverick1980 wrote:LJ

Hello old boy i;;ve missed our chats, hows the cat still getting spin with it off the wedge.

the other half is a veggie. not allowed to do that anyone. these days I restrict myself to attempting to hide a snigger from her when I remember the blind football ad.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:15 am

drive4show wrote:
Maverick1980 wrote: former soldier who boxed for the Army at light welter, welter and middleweight divisions.

Didn't you mention once on a thread that you are 5'6"?

Bit keen on the pies then are you?? ;)

lol!

I found a picture of Mav in an old scrapbook:

http://images.wikia.com/heman/images/b/bc/Ram-man83.jpg
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:22 am

Hi all

I am oldparwin, have been posting for a couple of years, now, I have enjoyed the company of many on this site, and many still on the dark side. A bit about me I will soon be 64 and been in Shropshire for over 20 years now, before that was in Warwickshire for about 15 years, but originally from Scotland ( still have my Glassweegian accent) handicap is on the slide used to 8 now 13 bordering on 14.

I enjoy the chat on wet boring nights but only post 7/8 times a week.

The next few weeks could be interesting

oldparwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:24 am

Muscle weighs more than fat i'll have you know my body fat measurment is 7%...

But i'm partial toasteak and stilton pie, steak and ale pie, my personal favourite is a Mav pie with 2 nurses forming the pastry and another for the filling :lol:
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:26 am

Maverick1980 wrote:Muscle weighs more than fat i'll have you know my body fat measurment is 7%...

But i'm partial toasteak and stilton pie, steak and ale pie, my personal favourite is a Mav pie with 2 nurses forming the pastry and another for the filling :lol:

Where's the Stilton stored?

scratch
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello troublemakers

Post by Matelot golfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:48 am

Liked the old forum but see that most of the good thread posters have come on here. Jesus,things snowballed fast on the old forum. Log off for a couple of days and the whole worlds kicked off!!!

Matelot golfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:51 am

Hiya matelot, good to see another well known poster has joined the dark side, have you jumped ship or will you be a double agent?

lol!
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:55 am

drive4show wrote:Hiya matelot, good to see another well known poster has joined the dark side, have you jumped ship or will you be a double agent?

lol!

Try to avoid ships like the plaque. Wagon,airy fairy, fleet air arm is where it's at. Think this is me new home now. Hope the good threads continue. It was doing my nut in trawling through all that nonsense. LET'S PLAY GOLF as the bloke says who does it for darts!,,,

Matelot golfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Matelot golfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:57 am

Wagon, Doh, I meant Wafoo!

Matelot golfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:00 am

Welcome Matelot good to have you, but not sure how long we'll be here. BUT we'll be going somewhere more than likely, and all together, so PM your contact details to one of us and we'll add you to our fine list. Wherever we are it should be a blast ...
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:01 am

Oh no, it's too late, it's a trap guys. We're doomed I tell ya doomed

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:05 am

1grumpygolfer wrote:

Oh no, it's too late, it's a trap guys. We're doomed I tell ya doomed

Rather keizo and his wummery than hobo and his dummy spitting

Hey up grumps got your emails sure I can guess who asked about our rights to eclectic fame
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am

Hello all - made a few posts on the other site now probably do a bit of double dipping. 13 handicapper from Kent who enjoys a beverages and what that can lead onto

Del_Boy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rangiora on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm

Hello all,

Ex-pat from Shropshire been living in New Zealand for 4 and half years now and love it here. 52 and married to lovely lady who also thrashes it around the fairways :D

Handicap floating around 6-7 due to different handicapping system here, on greens committee and try to play at least 3 times a week.

Rangiora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by faldono1fan on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:23 pm

Hello. As my name implies I am a massive Sir Nick fan. I play at the Players club in Bristol off a handicap of 11. I am more of a lurker than a poster, but will watch with interest to see what develops. I am more involved in the HDID forums and have attended several meets with the great guys and gals that post on there. Best of luck with whatever or wherever you want to go with this. Heavy handed is how I would sum up the powers that be on v2!
faldono1fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next