This is completely unnecessary

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This is completely unnecessary

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:59 am

All that was needed was a little understanding from the v2 Administrators, but having said that, thanks for setting this place up for us!

This could work!
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is completely unnecessary

Post by JDandFries on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 am

I have joined, see how it progresses, I have to agree, it really did get out of hand - strange that all those 'new' posters turned up out of the blue wasnt it?

Has anyone else come accross?
JDandFries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:12 am

Here's the members list:

http://golfv2.forumotion.co.uk/memberlist

I really don't understand their actions but I couldn't understand a lot of their other actions, either, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 am

I've signed up. For the moment I'll keep both going but I certainly don't want to be treated like a child :twisted: (Ilike this smiley!!!!)
LadyPutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandFries on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:17 am

Think 'Adam' is still taking it out on everyone
JDandFries

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hogie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:21 am

Yeah lets see what happens here.....

hogie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 am

I have signed on, but I am a member of a few, like to spread my arguments around :arrow:
oldparwin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:33 am

I'm here because I'm obsessed by the thought of Mercurio in tights! affraid :D

Had to change my name as it said that "Mary" was already registered?? confused
Mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:35 am

I've signed up, purely on a trial basis. To be perfectly honest, I was pretty pissed off with the way things have been on the forum over the last couple of days. There were quite a few childish posts regarding me leaving. JPX accused me of being childish and throwing my toys out the pram. Well, quite simply, people should keep comments like that to themselves because they have no idea why I made the decision to leave and that sort of thing just inflames the situation.

JPX, if you happen to read this, I didn't throw a childish strop because the stickies were changed, I made an adult decision to leave because the atmosphere on the board has been going steadily downhill for several weeks now.

So, I'll give this forum a chance, see how it pans out and make a decision over the next few days/weeks over whether I think it is worth sticking with.
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:37 am

Mazza wrote:I'm here because I'm obsessed by the thought of Mercurio in tights! affraid :D

Had to change my name as it said that "Mary" was already registered?? confused

Maverick's having the same problem. I don't know why because I can't see your names on the members list.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 am

drive4show wrote:I've signed up, purely on a trial basis. To be perfectly honest, I was pretty pissed off with the way things have been on the forum over the last couple of days. There were quite a few childish posts regarding me leaving. JPX accused me of being childish and throwing my toys out the pram. Well, quite simply, people should keep comments like that to themselves because they have no idea why I made the decision to leave and that sort of thing just inflames the situation.

JPX, if you happen to read this, I didn't throw a childish strop because the stickies were changed, I made an adult decision to leave because the atmosphere on the board has been going steadily downhill for several weeks now.

So, I'll give this forum a chance, see how it pans out and make a decision over the next few days/weeks over whether I think it is worth sticking with.

Can I interest you in Moderatorship, D4S? affraid

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:41 am

Ah - now that I'm registered it's allowed me to go into my profile and change my user name! :D
Mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:45 am

Hi Merc

At this stage I'll have to say no. I was asked a while ago on the other forum, as much as I would like to do it, I can't really commit to the time. I think if you can persuade Davie and Mav to do it along with you, the 3 of you will be ideal candidates and do a good job.

Thanks for asking though

ps where is the thumbs up smiley??
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:46 am

i joined because i wanna talk about golf, also i feel that freedom of speech is not allowed on v2

i got banned for saying that maybe its best if the comments stop because it means people will get in trouble.

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 am

cricketfan90 wrote:i joined because i wanna talk about golf, also i feel that freedom of speech is not allowed on v2

i got banned for saying that maybe its best if the comments stop because it means people will get in trouble.

hobo has seen this message and banned from v2 for 24 hours confused

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 am

Hello everyone, looks like I am double dipping too. You'll be pleased to know all those in exile will remain eligible for the eclectic. If others don't like it, tough, it's my rules, I can do want I want.

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:23 am

Another double dipper here

Gareth_NI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 am

JDandFries wrote:Think 'Adam' is still taking it out on everyone

he is, because i am now banned!

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by venice1 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:47 am

Hello all,

Is this akin to joining the Hells Angels or registering a .xxx website or just maybe starting a new football league when the entry fee is a bargain? Anyway, happy to be a part of this lot. Now for the important stuff: how much for the drinks in this joint?" pirat

venice1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:11 am

Apparently, I went 'mental' today according to McLaren, Diggers and SpacemanSpiff.

:roll:
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:15 am

hmmmmm.....and we know hobo reads this, because he banned me for a comment on here, i wouldnt take what people say on there to heart. HOBO DIDNT EVEN CREATE THE SITE AND HE ACTS LIKE HE DID! IT PEES ME OFF!

that will be all No

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 am

I'm here too. I'm a 'double dipper' but let's see how this goes. I would prefer to pin my flag to one mast and I'm with my good buddy D4S :D
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:18 am

1grumpygolfer wrote:Hello everyone, looks like I am double dipping too. You'll be pleased to know all those in exile will remain eligible for the eclectic. If others don't like it, tough, it's my rules, I can do want I want.

Good on ya Grumpster. I won't be posting any eclectics for a while; it's colder than an Alaskan witch's tits and windier than an excerpt from 'Blazing Saddles'
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 am

Oh, yes, we can swear on here, can't we.

Well, as I got wrongly accused so many times of saying it I may as well do the crime now:

[removed so that D4S can snare ladies]

There. That's righted a wrong.

Last edited by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:37 am

its fair to say that a few members on the golf section and me didnt see eye to eye, however im hoping for a fresh start, and just crack on with the golfing debate.

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:38 am

NST

Delighted to see one of my wingmen here with me but I hope this doesn't become an 'us or them' thing, hopefully both forums will flourish and we all get what we want from them.

Merc...point made, hopefully that will be the last time you use that word, we'll never attract any female posters if that language continues <thumbs up>
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:41 am

drive4show wrote:NST

Delighted to see one of my wingmen here with me but I hope this doesn't become an 'us or them' thing, hopefully both forums will flourish and we all get what we want from them.

Merc...point made, hopefully that will be the last time you use that word, we'll never attract any female posters if that language continues <thumbs up>

I'll get rid of it, D4S. I was just (trying to) being humorous.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:48 am

Merc...as site owner, here is your first task! Can you change the settings to get more comments on a page before it flips onto a new page? Looks like only a dozen or so comments per page at the moment.

cheers fella
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:50 am

drive4show wrote:NST

Drive - sometimes it's time to 'move on' and start afresh and learn the lessons from what has gone before. I will dip into the 'other side' but let's be honest it'll probably end up like the transition from the old BBC forum - one of them will falter after a while.
Noshankingtonite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:54 am

drive4show wrote:Merc...as site owner, here is your first task! Can you change the settings to get more comments on a page before it flips onto a new page? Looks like only a dozen or so comments per page at the moment.

cheers fella

I would do but I can't see that I've got the rights to,

The admin is known as 'Group moderator' whereas Davie and I are just moderators. I don't think we have sufficient rights.

Somewhat bizarely, the 'admin' chap has just offered me via PM:

if you want to change the url to something else - please let me know and I will sort for you.

It would be done via the donation system at the bottom - in other words the money goes directly to forumotion and not to 606v2.

Just offering - same goes for subsections - let me know.

I'm not getting this at all - it's like Big Brother.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:55 am

Hola peeps.

Apparently the name Maverick was in use! So have had to refer to my original 606 monicker.

First to rant then to move on:

Rant: I received no pm, warning or even courtesy piss off message from twat sorry hobo or the admins! I never insulted anyone, I never said I would go elsewhere yet I found out about my exile when I went to login. So through the contact link I PM'd the admin team and once again no response. I don't want to be seen as bitter and using profanities for the sake of it but to ban crocketfan for something he said here on another forum is unbelievably childish!

Rant over....

Now moving on. Good to see you all hopefully more will come and we can get a good forum going and I'll get to work on a weekly update.
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:00 am

Good to see you make it, Mav!

We've been given the keys to the house but not to the drinks cabinet - admin (Adam?) appears to be still in charge of things on that score. All Davie and I can do is moderate. We can't change settings nor add Moderators.

I'm not sure what all you think of that? It sort of feels creepy to me. confused

Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 am

it does feel creepy to be honest.

cricketfan90

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 am

Glad you are here Mav, another valued contributor IMHO :)
drive4show

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:20 am

Keys to front door but not the drinks cabinet aye! Reckon he was bullied at school if not should have been.

Cheers D4S good to see/hear you mate.

I'm not agains forums rules or whatever but am against people helping cause a problem but totally blame others for it and taking no responsibilty for it. But ebough of ranting I'm here to talk about the important things in life, beer, birds, bella oh and bit of Golf

Edit: forgot to mention Megan "THE" Fox and nurses
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:34 am

I wasn't going to even bother here but there are some things to be said

Firstly, I have to agree 100% with Mav's post. Likewise, I received no warnings, no PMs, nothing about this until I suddenly found that I couldn't log in anymore.

Much was made in the last couple of days about warnings but once again it seems three people have been banned permanently without warning. It's no secret I've been critical of the admin team over there - TBH it has been that way ever since I was "invited" to resign as an admin after all I did for the forum

Secondly, the reason I wasn't going to bother here but wanted to set the record straight; the other forum says that I was granted such an elevated status here was because it was my wish to leave. This is in fact more of Hobo's bullshit. Only earlier today I had posted that I had no desire to leave as the good on 606v2 outweighed the bad. However, twice now in two days the admins had made good efforts towards bridge building (first with the consultative PM group which although some people disagreed, was meant with good intent, and then with the appointment of a new mod that we all could respect). In both cases the good work was undone with either provocative or patronising messages from the admins (usually Hobo, but occasionally other admins)

As to this place - as someone else said, they've given us the keys to the house but not the booze cupboard. I have no intention of contributing here except to discuss the events of today. Hobo and his buddies seem to think they have done us a favour (actually I don't believe that for a moment - they are just taking the piss). They think that by setting up a forum for us, they can leave us slag them off, while still retaining control. No admin passwords have been divulged and all Merc and I can do is "mod" the forum.

I have no real desire to be a "leader" in any breakout - but the fact is I do have the knowledge and web experience to set up an alternative forum - it's not that difficult and to be honest I'd rather someone else did it. If however no one else wants to or has the time to, I am prepared to create our own alternative forum. Some will stay on the old place - some may take up dual membership; from what I've read so far there are enough people disillusioned with v2 that a new forum may be viable - but this place IS NOT IT.

I still want a place to discuss golf. V2 appears to be not an option for me, despite the fact I broke no rules. If others are happy to stick with V2 then fine - I'll continue to email grumps with my eclectic scores and I'd hope to be informed of any upcoming meetups in my area. If someone wants to set up another golf forum, or (if necessary) wants me to set one up, then I'm all for it.

But at risk of repeating myself, this place should NOT be an option - the clowns from V2 still hold the keys and I won't be part of that - we can't even change the ghastly colour scheme!

I'd like to think Hero was reading this place too - he was the founder of V2 and basically one of the good guys though he got to the point where he couldn't deal with the shit that was going on there (who can blame him?) and appointed the Hobonater and Why-No-Man as his trusty lieutenants. Both are power mad pricks and don't have a clue what they are doing. I'd appeal to Hero to tighten the leash on his puppydogs but I've made that appeal in the past and he really can't be arsed.

So let's hear what people want. This place should be left to die a death - but not before we use it to decide what people want. If most are happy to stay at the old place, then I'm fine with that. If we want a place of our own, and can drag enough people from V2 to make that place a ghost town, then we should go it alone

I'd like to hear what people want

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:56 am

You sneaky reprobate barstewards, I leave my desk for the afternoon, log into v2 to see who's been murdered today, only to find that all my mates hav forked off without leaving a note. Anyway something needed to happen but I get the feeling we're still being watched.

Davie how ahrd is it to set this up from scratch, independently? and can we do it? :D
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 am

Doc wrote:You sneaky reprobate barstewards, I leave my desk for the afternoon, log into v2 to see who's been murdered today, only to find that all my mates hav forked off without leaving a note. Anyway something needed to happen but I get the feeling we're still being watched.

Davie how ahrd is it to set this up from scratch, independently? and can we do it? :D

Ah bless Doc, I get the feeling a lot of cards are being marked at the moment. Seems like a move to 606v4 is going to be on the horizon

1grumpygolfer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 am

Very easy Doc - see my post on another thread. I wouldn't use forumotion though - there are better alternatives

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 am

Davie wrote:Very easy Doc - see my post on another thread. I wouldn't use forumotion though - there are better alternatives

All all I ask is that if we move ...... can someone tell me. Its embarrassing calling the cops, only to find out that most of you are over 16 and can do what you want :D
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 am

Gents.

I've been in exile for a fair while as I refuse to bow down before the power mad little napolean that is Hobo. (Incidentally I see him as a porn addicted overweight ex-miner from scunthorpe who spends his days surrounded by cheesy poofs and damp tissues).

Anyway. It's not the first time that such overly heavy, underhanded activity has been taken to protect the admins on v2 from the 'generous populace' (what the hell is that... surely general populace is what the illiterate mupper meant).

I have been on the golf monthly forums infrequently although I do miss the people from the other site, although I would never apologise to Hobo in any way. As such I am willing to go with the flow. If this works so be it, although it concerns me that they maintain a profile, but I will generally follow the crowd in this instance.

Hello from Paris by the way.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Kaymer on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:12 am

LondonJonnyO wrote:Gents.

I've been in exile for a fair while as I refuse to bow down before the power mad little napolean that is Hobo. (Incidentally I see him as a porn addicted overweight ex-miner from scunthorpe who spends his days surrounded by cheesy poofs and damp tissues).

lol! ive no idea what's going on but i shall follow people where they go.

Mr Kaymer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:18 am

On an aside has anyone actually seen what they fire off to people on their twitter feed.

I have never seen a bunch of guys so far up the backside of anyone in the golf industry. It was an embarassment seeing what they were up to.
LondonJonnyO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 am

Davie wrote:Very easy Doc - see my post on another thread. I wouldn't use forumotion though - there are better alternatives

If you've got the skills, I'm happy to throw cash at the project.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 am

Merc - I started another thread to split off the general bonhomie if this thread and a discussion of what (if anything) we should do

I don't see "throwing cash" at it as necessary at the moment - there are plenty of free alternatives. Only big issue is that some of the free sites may be subject to blocks from peoples' places of work - and the adverts that you get on free forums.

V2 got around that by paying to have adverts removed (and replaced by their own) - some free sites may be blocked which this one isn't but there are better alternatives around.

Davie
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 am

Davie wrote:Merc - I started another thread to split off the general bonhomie if this thread and a discussion of what (if anything) we should do

I don't see "throwing cash" at it as necessary at the moment - there are plenty of free alternatives. Only big issue is that some of the free sites may be subject to blocks from peoples' places of work - and the adverts that you get on free forums.

V2 got around that by paying to have adverts removed (and replaced by their own) - some free sites may be blocked which this one isn't but there are better alternatives around.

Whatever needs to be done to get this independent, I'm happy to contribute to.

I just wish I was a bit more familiar with such things.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:39 am

I'll be going to V4 then, what do we need?
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 am

This place will serve purpose for now but we need our own home in the long run

Interesting on the other place trying to defend why they have the admin rights bunch of prats even trying to say we went of our own accord. I was kicked off for no reason.

Then theres mac arse licking saying our own faults and crawling up their backsides, i'm not going to bitch anymore if they want to throw their toys out of their hulk hogan embossed prams let them
Maverick1980

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:09 am

Let's try not talk about Potter.

He'll be varnishing his wand knowing he's being talked about.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:18 am

Mercurio wrote:Let's try not talk about Potter.

He'll be varnishing his wand knowing he's being talked about.

Stop it Merc Mary's on-line :D
Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum