Golfv2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest rownd of golf

+9
drive4show
cricketfan90
Gareth_NI
1grumpygolfer
oldparwin
Mary
oldshanker
hogie
Read the green
13 posters

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Go down

Latest rownd of golf Empty Latest rownd of golf

Post by Read the green Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Hello guys

Anywan still playing at this tym of yr? Went out this morening and it was ruddy freezing, thirst signs of ice on the ground meaning a scuffed 100 yarder was bowncing another 50 or so!! Made me feel good abowt my distances anyway lol.

Not the best rownd, scored 24 points playing off 22 - but I will blame it on the numm hands lol!

Let me now how your own rownds are going if your still playing.

Read the green

Back to top Go down

Latest rownd of golf Empty Re: Latest rownd of golf

Post by hogie Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:25 am

A strangely consistent 89. Normally I like to throw in at least one triple or quad per round not sure what happened that day.
3 pars, 13 Bogies and 2 Doubles. Playing off 17 and it was only my second round of the year so I was very happy.

hogie

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:45 am

Was due to play a swift 9 holes with Doc this pm, but traffic held me up and we decided to enjoy the delights of virtual golf. First time for Doc, quite a regular occurence for me.

So our last round was at Pebble Beach where I played to 1 over my handicap and Doc had a mare. rendeer

Still enjoyable just the same and first time I had met Doc. He will be a good addition to any meet ups. Enjoys a laugh and can take it as well as give it out. Thanks Doc I enjoyed it.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mary Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:33 am

I'm out tomorrow - first time for 3 weeks, so who knows which game will turn up! cyclops
Mary
Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:12 am

I am out tomorrow as well, but went to American golf today, and purchased a set of Gore-tex jacket and trousers. and a pair of Footjoy winter gloves (very expensive day) so hopefully and play tomorrow without freezing my but off
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:16 am

Let's hope they didn't sell you the American Ryder Cup version OPW. If it's not a dumb question which brand did you happen to go for?

1grumpygolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 am

It was the Sunice make they are Canadian
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:34 am

Hope it keeps you warm and toasty and dry. This game part of the eclectic OPW? If so good luck mate

1grumpygolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:42 am

yes grumpy unless we are on temporary greens,(son in law should have my scanner, back in working order this weekend.
oldparwin
oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 am

I too am out tomorrow for the first time in 3/4 weeks. Been to the range 3 evenings this week in an effort to brush/sharpen up. Hopefully has been worth it! Also hope the HUGE winds from yesterday don't return!!!

Gareth_NI

Back to top Go down

Post by cricketfan90 Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 pm

im going for a round, tomorrow its gonna be freezing, but i dont mind.

cricketfan90

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Well there was no wind... Just a few inches of snow!!!

Gareth_NI

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:04 am

opw

I've got the Sunice goretex trousers, absolutely superb. Good choice!
drive4show
drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick1980 Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:32 am

You could have frozen the balls of a brass monkey out there this morning!

Played the 1st round proper of out club handicap 4bbb matchplay! (I thought the prelim round was hard) after giving away 14shots and 7 shots respectively to a pair of el banditos at no point today were we ever ahead until I birdied the 18th hole for a 1up victory!

Were losing par 3's to nett birdies at one one point! I hit the ball pretty poor again all morning but my 120yards and in as always got me around the course. Was 4 down at the turn and I was -2 for 9holes!!

My parrner made birdie nett eagle at 14th to finally square the match only to lose 15th to the same score back to 1down! I birdied 16th to square it again a half at 17th and holed a 20footer for birdie on the last to win!

My god I think anything past the next round will be a bonus for us I'd forgotten how hard it is giving away so many shots!

Day off tomorrow I'm bloody knackered
Maverick1980
Maverick1980

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisGG Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:13 am

Beat my mate 5/4 in match play earlier. Ended 2 over par after a dodgy start. All this with a hangover as well.
ChrisGG
ChrisGG

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:11 am

Mav, nice playing. I bet they had their hopes up too.

Chris, some of my best rounds have been when I've been concentrating on not throwing up.

1grumpygolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Del_Boy Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 am

Out later this morning tee off about 710. Will have my shorts on and probably still have my beer coat as well!! Not expecting much from the round just a steady walk then a fry up.

Del_Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:26 am

Just got back from Cambridgeshire where I had a whole weekend of golf planned. Friday PM was a quick 9-holes with Oldshanker, but he lost his watch, so turned up late. He took me to play virtual golf (Which sums up my normal golf) Great experience though, being given a spanking on this machine, because OS doesn't give you the tips to help you survive. he one-putts from everywhere ffs ...... great meeting up with him though, cheers mate we'll have to do it again soon.

Played Ely Saturday morning on frozen bone hard greens, with soft fairways. Was driving well but not getting distance in the conditions, which meant I was using 3-wood more than I wanted to for approaches. This defeated the object as i had new irons that I wanted to use for the 1st time, but only managed to hit 5-iron twice, 9-iron once, and a few little wedges. Only registered a couple of pars, but putting was dodgy avoiding ice. Every time we reached the green we were 5" taller due to ice build up on the shoes. Felt good being tall. Not a bad course, but plenty of construction work going on ready for next year.

Supposed to playing again this morning but my playing partners didn't like the conditions. Going to have to try to use my new irons next Saturday at my home course, but probably not going to register it for the eclectic.
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by 1grumpygolfer Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:46 am

So virtual golf was very realistic to O/S's real game then. I thought he couldn't putt for love nor money.

Good luck with the new sticks, however if conditions are crappy and not too good for playing why don't you try the irons out instead of whaling away with the 3 woods; hit 7 iron, wedge, couple of 9 irons etc.

1grumpygolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 am

In my defence...............???.........???.............nope, nothing there. Oh wait no there is something, I asked the owner to give Doc the spiel and expected him to have a warm up including putting (which is a bit of a joke at virtual golf), while I was changing.

I also did say on more than one occasion that it was a completely different game from the real thing. By the end, Doc was getting the hang of it.........No that's too long .....whoops now you're too short, came into it quite a bit. But it is quite good fun and does keep the swing going.

Oh and 1GG, I can't putt for love nor money on the real stuff, just ask LJ, D4S, SJ, or even NST. I am trying to change that however, but I just hate practice. jocolor
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:27 am

1grumpygolfer wrote:So virtual golf was very realistic to O/S's real game then. I thought he couldn't putt for love nor money.

Good luck with the new sticks, however if conditions are crappy and not too good for playing why don't you try the irons out instead of whaling away with the 3 woods; hit 7 iron, wedge, couple of 9 irons etc.

Grumps, that's the plan next weekend. This weekend was about trying to compete against a couple of bandits, and beer tokens were at stake. None of us played that consistently though, so didn't cost me too much Basketball The 2 pars I got were on par 3's and it was my 5-iron that took me within birdy distance, so chuffed so far with what I've hit.

OS gave me a false sense of security as he only just cleared the ladies tee on the first bounce (surprised to see him take his putter out from 425 yards though) I knew there was something not quite right about this bloke cheers
Doc
Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:40 am

Doc - if you find you can't get the hang of the new bats, remember yer mates. drunken
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am

oldshanker wrote:
Oh and 1GG, I can't putt for love nor money on the real stuff, just ask LJ, D4S, SJ, or even NST. I am trying to change that however, but I just hate practice. jocolor

I couldn't possibly hurt the feelings of a friend by confirming what oldshanker states above pale
drive4show
drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down