Very Strange Way To Run Forum

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Go down

Very Strange Way To Run Forum

Post by Doc on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 am

I think we all need to be honest and say that Hobo and the boys did a great job in setting up V2, but went badly wrong with the heavy handed approach. Apparently this site is for all the golf trouble makers, which is a bit of a joke, as I've not even seen any profanities yet, never mind all out war.

The contributors on the dark side are all good people and contribute to a successful board that seemed to be attracting new bodies. There's been hardly any issues since its inception, yet we had problems every time the top admin team posted, because of the condescending tone. So why would they want to shoot themselves in the foot and potentially lose the whole golf board, because that could happen if we do it ourselves, and at the end of the day everyone on the light side wants to talk golf, have a laugh, chill out and read about experiences we've had and will have. So it makes no sense for Hobo to do this, and you just know that everyone on the other side will look in, and when they see that actually we're not a load of idiots, and make some sense of the game, they'll maybe want to come to V4 if we set it up.

So at the moment I'm going to double dip and see what's happening on the other side from time to time, but think that we seriously need to look at the next phase of operation breakout, if thats what we're doing. As LJ said earlier, there's not that many decent forums around and even some of the better ones are full of gobshytes (Profanity 1)

Doc

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Very Strange Way To Run Forum

Post by Mercurio on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 am

I agree with your views on profanity.

When appropriate, use it for comedic effect, but not sprinkled liberally.

Not that I expect that to be a problem on here with you educated folk.
Mercurio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Golfv2 :: Golf :: Golf :: Saved Stuff

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum